- Sept. 10, 2017 Book talk and signing at La Jolla Riford Library, 7555 Draper Ave., La Jolla, CA, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Sept. 25, 2017 “Athenia Story” given by Tom Sanger at monthly docents meeting, San Diego Maritime Museum,1492 N. Harbor Dr., San Diego.
- Oct. 12, 2017 Tom lectured about the beginning of WW II at the San Diego Oasis adult education center.
- October 18, 2017 Tom spoke about the Athenia to the La Jolla Sunrise Rotary Club.
- Nov. 1, 2017 Book talk at the Coronado Public Library in partnership with Bay Books, 640 Orange Ave., Coronado, CA., 6:30 p.m.
- Dec. 8, 2017 Tom spoke about Without Warning at White Sands of La Jolla.
- Feb. 7, 2018 Tom discussed “Athenia’s Story” for San Diego Oasis at the Point Loma Public Library. It was his second presentation to the adult education group.